Saturday, December 30, 2017

Media and Information Languages (Laboratory)

BEING AWARE OF MY SURROUNDINGS 

A local government official was charged of graft and corruption and was suspended from his office. The government official announced that the charges were all fabricated and that he will not step down from his office. A large group of supporters are present to protest. They barricaded the building where the official has once taken office. A struggle seems to start breaking out between the protesters and the police.

 
Figure 1. Politician Scenario, Javier. December 30, 2017.
*Click the picture to enlarge it*

?Some questions to ponder upon 


If you will be a reporter, are you going to use the conventional way of how the each media will broadcast the given scenario?
        If I will be a reporter, as much as possible I will be open to the new and unique ways of how each media will broadcast the given scenario because people are emerging and evolving thus it is better to use the unconventional way so that these people would likely pay more attention and not get bored.

What will you do to not make your report boring? Elaborate your answer.
        
        To not make my report boring, I would consider tackling interesting and socially relevant topics. So that my audience would be more interested. I would also enlighten them as to why they would listen. It is very important that the audience should listen. I would also consider not making my report too hard or too easy so that I can still get the attention of my audience. Also, I would try to change the traditional way of reporting because change grabs attention. I would also tell stories because in telling stories they would be curious and curiosity means attention. Having frequent pauses could also help because moving is the frequent way to keep people from dozing off. Lastly, I would make it short and simple because not having too long speeches keeps the audience's attention.

Would you exaggerate some elements in your report to make it interesting? Why?

             No. I would not dare exaggerate some elements in my report to make it interesting because exaggerating might lead to wrong and inaccurate information. That is a no-no as a reporter.



LATEST TRENDS IN TECHNOLOGIES

           VIRTUAL AND AUGMENTED REALITY

Figure 2. Guide Questions in video making of the latest trends , Javier. December 30, 2017.


I've felt lucky for having this as our topic. Though there are hurdles that went along the way in making this video, I have learned a lot from our topic. I have learned that VRs are not only for 
entertainment but they also help in our everyday lives. Especially to the various fields that propagates our way of living, our life.

These are some things that I have learned before the year 2017 ended. Though it is a little thing, learning more about this widened my perspective.

It made me believe that someday...

Someday the time would come that our world would be better through our emerging technology

That the better days are coming...

Video link on our own media and information presentation

I am really grateful to have Earlynne, Maryelle and Elinor as my group mates because they made me realize that with cooperation we can overcome whatever's in store for us.
                




No comments:

Post a Comment

Media and Information Languages (Laboratory)

BEING AWARE OF MY SURROUNDINGS  A local government official was charged of graft and corruption and was suspended from his office. The go...