Saturday, November 25, 2017

Information Literacy (Lecture)

"Never mistake the power of influence."


                                                                                                                                       -Jim Rohn


Influence is a power affecting a person. It has an important impact on a person because it affects their way of thinking.


Most influential Person in my life

                       
                                   A man who never failed to think outside the box. 

                                               A man who begs to differ with what people are used to. 

       A man who sees the depth in things. 



Who? Mr. Isaac Ali Tapar



What?
He is my Grade 10 Humanities Teacher



Where? He influenced me in the part of my attitude where I became a nationalistic and an open-minded student.



When? The whole school year of 2016-2017



Why? Because he was able to open and wake up my mind on the harsh realities of life. He helped me realize that as a student I should have a care about my nation. I shouldn’t turn blind and act like nothing is happening. I shouldn’t just stay in the Ivory of Tower.



How?
He made me love painting, watching indie films and appreciating those underrated Filipino artists in different fields. He introduced me to the other unconventional things that relates to my trait in being nationalistic. He made me care about my country and was able to teach me how to think outside of the box. He made me realize how I should love and care for my own country. He influenced me to think with depth, to care for my fellow people. Most of all he made me realize that I shouldn’t be blind to what hideous and harsh things I see in my nation.



***************************----------------**************************** 

What I can do with information?


“According to the weather forecast, there is no typhoon. However, your locality is experiencing heavy rainfall, while some parts in your province /region are already flooded. There are reported incidents of landslide, evacuation, stranded vehicles and drowning. As a student, what are you going to do?”


Figure 1. What to do as students during typhoons, Javier. November 25, 2017. 
*Click the picture to enlarged it*


Link to the image found in my blog entry:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Media and Information Languages (Laboratory)

BEING AWARE OF MY SURROUNDINGS  A local government official was charged of graft and corruption and was suspended from his office. The go...